Opened in 1951, wooden roller coaster Vuoristorata is the pride of Linnanmäki amusement park in Helsinki, Finland and the most popular attraction throughout the park's history. Vuoristorata is operated by Brakemen – fifteen Brakemen work at the roller coaster in the season 2020.
There are only seven operating roller coasters in the world with onboard Brakemen, so Vuoristorata is a very valuable and rare attraction. Prestigious roller coaster club American Coaster Enthusiasts has awarded Vuoristorata the Coaster Classic title given to only 30 roller coasters worldwide.
Vuoristorata by numbers
- Length of the track: 960 metres (3,150 ft)
- Height of the track: 24 metres (79 ft)
- Length of the longest descent: 48 metres (157 ft)
- Top speed: approx. 60 kph (37 mph)
- Average speed: approx. 25 kph (16 mph)
- Ride duration: approx. 2 minutes 15 seconds
- Four trains, 22 passengers per train (the number of trains in use depends on the number of customers in the park)
- One train weighs approx. 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs) when empty, and approx. 3,000 kg (6,600 lbs) with passengers
- The ride capacity is approx. 1,300 passengers per hour
- A total of approx. 42,000 cycles are run during the season, and up to 700 cycles during one busy opening day
- 800,000 guests visit Vuoristorata every year